Cyber Monday tomorrow. Be Ready! Stay safe online when shopping this holiday season!
1. When typing in your credit card number, look for "Https:" in the web address.
The s is "secure"
2. Know the vendor you are shopping online with - when in doubt, use an online
search engine to read reviews from other shoppers.
3. Look for verification on the site that the site is protected.
4. Go to your credit card company's online page and set up to be
alerted every time a charge hits your card or pick some $ amount.
5. Don't fall for the latest email scams, if it sounds odd,
trust your gut instincts.
(a) There is an email scam that tricks you into installing malicious software:
Example: "Your package is being delivered,
click here for more information"
The email looks like it is from USPS, UPS, or FedEx.
Don't click on that link!
(b) There is a scam email offering special e-coupons if you click the link.
Go directly to that company's website instead.
Have a safe, joyful, and peaceful holiday season.